Raising awareness on the importance of optimal nutritional care
Continuous media coverage in collaboration with daily newspapers, magazines, TV stations are key to raising awareness regarding the problem of malnutrition and importance of adequate nutrition support in hospital patients and after discharge.
One of the best practices Croatia wants to emphasize is most definitely raising awareness on the importance of adequate nutrition support and care in HCP’s, students, academia, patients, the politicians, medical industry and general public through the media. In order to achieve this it is key to develop two-way communication with leading media (journalists) and thus generate positive media coverage. Croatia’s experience is that journalists/media are prone to numbers, figures, infographics, clear messages, statistics (that often have a shocking effect to the public) and predictions.
The communication goals of Croatia are:
- To build awareness and excellence
- To improve the practice and availability of nutrition support
- To achieve two-way communication in target audience.
Croatia has been active in this segment through (depending on type of project):
- Live events (Congresses, Conferences, LLL modules)
- Classes & events at Universities (Zagreb, Rijeka, Split)
- Media – print, TV and online (websites, newsletter)
- Online media: websites, newsletters
- Social media: Facebook
Continuous media coverage due to collaboration with daily newspapers, magazines, TV stations that are key to raising awareness regarding the problem of malnutrition and importance of adequate nutrition support of in hospital patients and after discharge.